Subject 1: EDUC90755 Evidence for Learning and Teaching.
The major focus of this subject is how school leaders know that teachers and students are learning in positive ways throughout their school. Students will explore the current evidence-base about what works best; what criteria can be developed to make decisions about success; how to develop a program logic for their leadership role; and how to evaluate the impacts of leadership decisions on both teachers’ and students’ learning. This subject aligns with the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership Australian Professional Standard for Principals.
You can expect to:
- Analyse and integrate the key findings from research findings into a coherent story about the major influences on student and teacher learning;
- Understand and apply how to reflect on the evidence of impact in a school;
- Understand and apply program logic, degree of implementation, and evaluating effects of interventions;
- Critically evaluate the empirical research that studies impact in schools;
- Develop tools for using to evaluate impact in multiple situations.
The following text is recommended be purchased prior to the commencement of this subject: Hattie, J. (2012). Visible Learning for Teachers. Oxford, UK: Routledge.
- Google Collab Folder for Group 5
- PreReading for Intensive 1: Coursework booklet, pre-reading for jig saw, Kami version
- PreReading for Intensive 2: Hattie Monograph 58 2019-2. Kami version