Below are the History and Geography skills from three different frameworks / sources: The Australian National Curriculum, our own Humanities Department and the IB DP Group 3, History and Geography. It’s very useful to have them all together as they confirm and compliment each other.
History Skills Nat. Curr.
Skills needed in the Australian National Curriculum History, by the end of Year 10:
- Refer to key events, the actions of individuals and groups, and beliefs and values
- Students sequence events and developments within a chronological framework
- Identify relationships between events across different places and periods of time
- Explain patterns of change and continuity over time.
- Use historical terms and concepts
- Analyse sources to identify motivations, values and attitudes.
- Analyse and draw conclusions about their usefulness, taking into account their origin, purpose, and context.
- Analyse the causes and effects of events and developments and explain their relative importance. Continue reading