Today I learnt about Evernote. I have been using it on and off for a while, but I was aware that I was not using its full functionality. So I attended a free #evernotemeetup, organised by Bec Spink. I came away with many new ideas and I feel inspired to organise myself better. I look forward to using Evernote in the classroom and in my personal life.
Ways to use Evernote in the classroom:
- Create a notebook for each student, keep track of all notes and correspondence etc
- As a digital portfolio, take photos and upload students’ work
- Students upload their homework to a shared notebook
- Work with teachers on projects
- Students can use Evernote for research projects
- Perfect iPad integration, kids organise their own schoolwork in Evernote
- See this site: http://evernote.com/teachers/
Using Evernote in Personal / Professional life:
- Scan paper or take photos of documents. Live paperless. You can use the inbuilt Evernote Document Camera or a purpose built scanner apps (Info here)
- Tag every note and use it to organise your tasks. Great ideas here: http://www.thesecretweapon.org/
I know I’m only scratching the surface with this powerful tool, I’ll share more when I discover more.
Below is my overview of the tweets sent during the Evernote meetup: Continue reading