I had the pleasure of hosting a Teachmeet at my school this evening. As expected, it was an inspirational, informative and informal evening, full of great sharing and networking. We had an excellent group of people with very interesting presentations.
Here are the links to the tools and sites that were presented:
- https://realtimeboard.com/education-tool/, a shared whiteboard / collaboration site.
- http://www.nearpod.com/, similar to realtimeboard, great for sharing and collaborating
- https://peardeck.com/, interactive presentations, real time student input
- https://storify.com/MVTeachers/mv-tours-teachmeet-nov-6-presentation, using Twitter for tours and excursions (definitely setting that up for my Year 10 class next year)
- https://www.google.com/edu/classroom/, Google classroom, great functionality, for Google Apps schools
- The smart watch: Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit, http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/04/samsung-gear-fit-review/
- An easy to use Green Screen app for the iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/green-screen-by-do-ink/id730091131?mt=8