There are many sites that offer instant collaboration.
A very popular and easy to use site is Padlet. You can easily set one up, send the link to students and get their ideas, their brainstorms, their research findings etc.
You can see how it works here: http://padlet.com/wall/ithtav
Here are some more instant collaboration tools to explore:
- Scribblar is a free online collaboration tool that features live audio, chat, whiteboard and image sharing capabilities, amongst other things. …
- Stixy: For Flexible Online Creation Collaboration and Sharing. Flexible online creation, collaboration, and file sharing tool that works like putting sticky notes on someone else’s desktop.
- LiveBinders – Organize your resources in an online binder, LiveBinders is your 3-ring binder for the Web. Collect your resources.
- Scriblink – Your Online Whiteboard. Free online whiteboard that allows users to collaborate in real-time. No registration required.
- skrbl: easy to share online whiteboard. Team-skrbl is the next best thing to being in the same room. … ‘skrbl Now’ widget. Give your users the power of online collaboration
- Wiggio – Makes it easy to work in groups. Free online toolkit that makes it easier to work in groups. Keep a shared calendar; send mess emails, voice, and text messages; store and edit files.